Thursday, September 16, 2010

Individual Technology Assessment

My present strengths in technology as an educator is trying to learn more about technology and being up to date with it as well.  Besides using it in my working environment, I also try to use it as a leisure and using it for personal reasons.  Since I have done this, using technology has been so easy to manipulate and "play around" with it without being afraid of anything.  It has also helped me maintain a stress free working environment for myself and my students.  I enjoy teaching students and my colleagues in using technology as much as I can.  It is exciting for me to see them use the technology and having to be part of that learning and engagement.  Most people in my school know that I am more technology aware than most people that work there, people have relied on me to help them out in any way possible.  My colleagues and students also feel more at ease when a person that they know is teaching them how to use technology.  My weakness in technology as an educator I would say is not having those tools to implement as much technology as possible in my classroom.  For example, I do not have enough computers to work as for a center or even have my own projector in my classroom as well as a smartboard.  Even though I still try to check out ceratin items from my library, it can still become a challenge for me.  As for addressing my weaknesses, I still take the opportunity to check all the necessary equipment that I need in order to use it in the classroom.  There are many students that are visual learners and need to be actively enagaged in order to help them understand the skill that needs to be taught throughout the year.  I have come to realize that technology is not just to make things easier for me but to use it to help students become better learners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment