Friday, October 15, 2010

As a librarian I would purchase four portable media players so any teacher may want to check them out. It would be a good teaching tool when needed if there are no T.V.s in the class. It would also be a good idea to purchase two sets of twenty ebook readers as a class set. It would be accessible for any teacher that would be interested in using them if they would read a certain book besides grabbing a book. It would be great to expose the students with that extra tool. Having PDAs for all teachers would be helpful for them if the district would like to do some assessments for students and know their reading level. I would search for a program that would not only have a testing software but also have the option of accessing each students' reading level and having access to the library books online for them to use. When I was pursing my Bachelor's, I was able to use a tablet PC and it was great when I implemented math into them. I would like to have three class sets (twenty each)because some classes do not have their own computers and rely on the computer lab. Another great opportunity to use tablet PCs is to have the access of video conferencing using webcams. Some computers already have built in webcams and that would be a great way to communicate with other schools in the area or even out of state or out of country. It would be a great tool to discuss certain books each have read or even recommend to read. The more technology opportunities given to students as well as faculty and staff, the more it will be used in the learning environment. Of course as a facilitator I would need to be flexible with my time to teach anyone who is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment